Sunday, July 6, 2008

Super GT4 Championship 2008


22nd June 2008, the Super GT4 Champioship in Sepang Circuit.
It was my first time to watch the GT race. Standing on the grand stand of Sepang Circuit was great enough to me although I still feel like going down to the course to take pictures closer to the cars and drivers. We got our tickets for free, so glad enough too. Holding my Horizon camera shoot as many shots as I could, the whole idea was to get my favorite shot(the last few pictures that has all the cars in one picture).



It is really nice to see so many GT cars to line up on the course before the race get started. The environment of starting was quite special, where GT girls were leading the position for each of a team racer. And each team crews came out for their final tuning.


It was really really crowded on the grand stand, whilst down there on the course was even more crowded due to the VIP access on the opposite side where they were actually allowed to go in the course and take a closer look and experience the moment of getting closer to the drivers and also the super GT cars.


Lots of beautiful power cars, how I wish I was down there. However, I felt more comfortable as soon as I saw the crowd, I can say that it was extremely sardine-packed.


Course cleared.


And the race began.
Well again, the bad reason to hold a camera is you do not get to be in the picture. =(


The growling sound of the engines, was so powerful and various to be recognized.


Speed.


After 50laps of race, cars were all parked in one line.
People awaited the winners to appear on the stage.


It was funny, because when the winners were on the stage far from me, all I could see was lots of huge lenses in front of me. LOL~!



So many beauties, Wow~~~!!!


Winner, number 24, the new Nissan Skyline GT. Lightning fast, and surely deserve the Champ.


2 comments:

Vicuna said...

Cool shots of the racing track & cars! A few years ago I went to the Formula 1 race in Monaco, and it's really really impressive because there, you are very close to the track.... took some shots with my olympus but can't remember where the negs are.... :((

Hooi said...

Haha.. i beleive that you are talking about the super ages long ago, or else you will still find them.. =)
thanks for loving those pics stephane~!!