Sunday, March 29, 2009

Instax Fever; Instant Dream come true!

My 1st Instax shot by Mamiya

2 posts back, I was crazy about the Diana Instant Back+,
Today, thanks to.. should I go for Kelvin, then Jhunnie? Or..
Angex is the hardcore creative person in this.

This doesn't mean I'm not crazy about the Diana Instant Back+,
Just that I'm not as extreme as before,
Because there are people out there giving out tips of doing the Instant shots,
By using NOT Instant cameras, but TLR, Diana, HOLGA, etc.
Any medium format cameras should do.
And here is my first attempt using the Mamiya RB67.
Tell me how great is this!
An instant shot with powerful Depth Of Field??

Alright... How do I do it?
Here is the cut and paste from the original creator..

1. Open the film outer package.

2. In the dark place, gently push to black protective plastic out

3. Gently push the first film out. Remember the side towards you (the black side, or the back side of the film)
is the light sensitive side for exposure.

4. Put the film into your camera film chamber, with the exposure side facing the lens.

5. Close the film chamber, now ready to shoot! The ISO speed of instax mini is 800.

6. After taking your photo, go back into dark place.
Take the film out. Use a roller to squeeze the developer chemicals out and roll over the entire film area.
Always squeegee away from the developer side (the thicker side toward the white stripe).

7. Now you can turn on the light wait for the image to appear!



Try it yourself, you'll be addicted.
Then don't come back and blame me, Oopss!!!

Once again, thanks to all instructors out there~!!!


5 comments:

Kelvin said...

OMG!!! when i look at this pic i almomst go crazy!!! depth on Instax!! rarely see it!!! great job!

Hooi said...

haha.. big thanks to you providing the tips, kelvin~!!
Yah, I was think of doing depth on instax long time ago, now I've finally made it~!! Yeah~!!!

Xiao Wei said...

crazy~~~!!!

3RiC said...

Hooi,

Will you be coming Melb any time soon?
I found a place near my Uni they sell pretty old camera in working condition.
I met this HK old couple which they very friendly to me. I can help you scout out some stuff too...

Anonymous said...

I've tried this myself in my 4X5, but my photos come out splotchy. What do you use to spread chemical in film, do you use a brayer or something else? What kind of surface do you place the film on to spread it? Do you place on a piece of glass or something else? Please give me specific details and email me a photo of your brayer and surface so that I might be able to replicate your splotch less results.

from, Paul

pjphotograph@aol.com