Saturday, May 10, 2008

1st Time Pinhole in my life


It was quite a surprising result for my very own first time experience shooting with a pinhole camera. Thanks to Sukeats who borrows me his Gakken Stereo Pinhole Camera. I only with the middle pinhole to try out the wide angle and the effect of this camera.

And here are the pictures that the camera produced:

Night shot at SS2 McDonald's, with amazing light leak.
Hole was opened for about 3minutes.
It's also my favourite shot.


Indoor shopping complex, 2minutes.
Look at how wide this camera could see.


7-11 at Link bridge to Time Square with walking crowd.
30seconds exposure.


And it was me sleeping... Exposed for 3minutes?
No, no, no~!!! Not 3, not 5, not 8 minutes.
It was planned to be a 20minutes exposure, but ended up falling asleep and hole was eventually closed when I woke up 8am in the morning.
So, almost 8hours exposure!!!

The rest are random attempts,

20seconds for sunset behind my house.


2minutes for my dinner.


About 5minutes in my room around 3pm.


Double exposure.


Dinner in a restaurant, 3minutes.


Living room for... I think it was 4minutes.


I can't remember this, and I can't see what is there.


4 - 5minutes after skating in ShahAlam Skatepark.


Vertical shots are really superb as well.
Shot of Time Square Shopping Complex, 2minutes.
And my invisible wardrobe, 5minutes.

Now come to talk about can a pinhole camera shoot something in action or not, I think the answer should be a "NO!" at the moment.

This was supposed to be my grinding a royale in the rail.


A trick and a pose...


No, not for action shot. Not even a movement capture.


It can be everywhere.

10 comments:

DICK CHUA said...

These pics are superb! Really love the one you exposed for whole night!

Kelvin said...

the exposure for the whole night is just awesome!!!

jeepeng said...

i like the "sleeping" pix very much!
i went annexe today(saturday) not going on sunday, working.

Hooi said...

thanks guys...
jeep u work on sunday ???

jeepeng said...

huh? what is sunday? haha!

clip rider said...

wow, nice ones :) especially the vertical one in the shop center!

Hooi said...

thanks sucha... =)

Ah Eva Eva said...

love your pinhole's pics. =) awesome awesome.

Hooi said...

hey, evaeva.. nice to meet you here.. u also have blog.. let me go check it out 1st...

Anonymous said...

great pinhole shots! love some of the vibrant colors you captured.