Tuesday, August 12, 2008

怀念之旅:Kota Bharu

KotaBharu008

It was a long story to tell how much I feel about my hometown, back to Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Today, I'm about to share all my experiences of the 3days' trip I spent in my lovely hometown 2 weeks ago.

KotaBharu001
It is not hard to describe how was my feeling of going back to my hometown this time. It's been 10years already since I moved into and live in Subang Jaya back in December 1997, and every single trip that I made earlier every year, was either Chinese New Year visiting or one-night stay for the next day trip to Perhentian Island. Never actually visit all the places that fills my childhood and teenage memory.

KotaBharu002
However, this time was not a chance but it was a plan of me and WeiWei to go back there to only visit places where I used to hang out a lot for 14years since 1983.

KotaBharu004
Story of the trip starts here, we arrived in Kota Bharu on 24th July 2008. Stomach was blank and was extremely hungry, so we went to this so called 'Oriental Kopitiam' and had our quite big portion of nasi lemak special and other food there, it was super satisfying after all.

KotaBharu006 KotaBharu007
It could be a precious trip for us this time, because as I've said before my grandma is still staying in Kota Bharu. It wouldn't be as convenient as once she moves to Subang Jaya soon as now we could use her car to travel around the town.
So we went to Kwang Ling for our favourite and unmissable breakfast, Nasi Dagang. MMmmmm~~~ It is my friend's parent's restaurant since I was young, but the Nasi Dagang still taste the same, taste like home.

After breakfast, I brought WeiWei the the Jabatan D'Raja, where you could have a perfect view of Kelantan River. I still remember that I'd slipped into the river here when I was still a kid and still didn't know how to swim, and my dad saved my life once there (but he laught at me after saving me).

KotaBharu1003

KotaBharu1002
Here, take a good look at the beauty of the River of Kelantan.


KotaBharu1006
KotaBharu012 KotaBharu014KotaBharu013 KotaBharu015

KotaBharu1004
This is my secondary school, S.M.J.K Chung Hwa.
My old class room is still there, I could still remember how fun my secondary school life was.
Oh I miss this building so much.

KotaBharu1005 Unfortunately, I only made myself into this building for a year.
I always wanted to be on the 4th floor when I was still studying in Ground floor.


As I walked back time...

KotaBharu016 KotaBharu018
I kept walking... I saw...
My primary school basketball court, beside is the school stadium.

KotaBharu017And this is my primary school... Here I am standing at the assembly field, is where all the so called bad sweet memories like canning and ear-locked frog jumps were all happened here last time that still remains in mind.

KotaBharu021 KotaBharu020
KotaBharu1007
This is Warong Misa, this is where me and my friends used to come here a lot for breakfast normally after our morning basketball session. I dare you will get shock to see how beautiful and how perfect they serve you the half boiled eggs.


Located just opposite the main entrance of my secondary school, I'm still missing this place.
Things are so dreamy yet still fresh in my mind.

KotaBharu023 KotaBharu022
After Misa, we went to my brother's friend's 'Ulang Corner' for lunch. There we had the Kelantanese-Siamese rice, pronounced Kao Jamm. The Kao Jamm here is famous for couple of years already, but this was my first time there. One comment to his Kao Jamm... "Jinn Ho Liao~!!!"


KotaBharu035
KotaBharu037 KotaBharu033
KotaBharu036
Evening time, we decided to go to PCB (Pantai Cahaya Bulan), a beach where it could be the only place I always insisted on my dad to bring me there. It used to be very far-out and wide last time, but not at all now, the water was demolishing the land and took away some chalets that time, now there are rocks to block and reduce the rate of wave smashing.



When I saw a daddy with companions of his 4 active sons,
It starts reminding the old time as well,
When my dad used to take us all our to the sea to fish,
And we came home with more than a hundred fishes.

KotaBharu040
Alright, it's time to go home.
Sun is going down, night is falling.


One whole day of visiting Kota Bharu was tiring, but looking back time is priceless.
That's why I name it as my 怀念之旅.


Special thanks to Moi and Kheng, for bring me around the whole evening.
Let's go for a good dinner after this.


9 comments:

DICK CHUA said...

Very beautiful documentation! Really! 5 stars!

Kelvin said...

hooi~ this series is stunning man!! especially the velvia one!!~ so red and nice!!! and i love your ho lai zone shot!~ so wide!!! envy envy!! love the shot at your primary and secondary school!!!

Jhunnie said...

I also want to go back my sch =( i also want go back to sch take pic =(

Hooi said...

thanks to all of you.. I'm doing this because I wont have anymore chances to go back as often or as easy as you guys...
I miss my hometown.. all the time...

Kelvin, I didn't use Velvia, it was Sensia.. i know, looks like velvia... nvm la, i still like the colours... Hehhe...

jeff-cwk said...

love all the horizon pics...
love all the sensia color...
i guess ur gf is a good lomographer too...
no guard at the school ah? can go in and lepak around? haha

Xiao Wei said...

im not a good lomographer ler... hehe... the guard there didnt halau us... so we just walk in lo...

Emmanuelle said...

wow, great pictures!
Love them all :)

Keep up the great work...

Ah Eva Eva said...

great pictures. great moments.
it's good to go back to have a look what we used to hang out when we r small. :)
wish i can go back to my school too.
:)

Hooi said...

thanks Eeeeeevaaaa~!!!
it's always nice to go back old school~!!