Sunday, August 24, 2008

So much to tell; Where I used to ... ... ; Kota Bharu

KotaBharu031
3400-H, Jalan Zainal Abidin,
15050, Kota Bharu,
Kelantan Darul Naim.

KotaBharu008
That's my home, my old house.
The whole building used to be my grand-grandparents' one,
I, used to live on the 3rd floor.
2nd floor was for rental, Mezzanine and Ground floor was Vegetarian Restaurant and Office.
Believe me or not, I had never before taken a single picture of me and my house like this before.
This is the only and the first shot of me and my house ever,
And it's never anymore my house now.


There was some strong kind of feeling when I was there to take all these pictures.
I started thinking back all what me and my brothers used to do here,
I mean 'here' as in the picture where I am squatting.
More than just 15years since I was born,
What is flashing back right in front here were...
My eldest brother skateboarding, and got on newspaper when he was 7.
My youngest brother fell backward and broke his head when he was 3 or 4.
Brothers used to play and fight with lots of malays kids too.
etc.


Now the whole building is sold for bird nest business purposes.

KotaBharuHorz004
Whenever I was back in Kota Bharu,
So far, I haven't missed a time to come to the Buddhist Association for a little visit,
and also for prayer and some offerings.
This is also a place where I used to attend my Buddhist Class every weekend.


KotaBharu039
Then I kept walking down the lane of my childhood,
to where I used to be a lot and a lot and a lot,
Like everyday's activity that time, before computer and lomo came to my world.

KotaBharu101
Until this lane, where I used to buy milo ice-dream with just 10cents.

KotaBharuHorz005 I still remember the short cut to my 2nd Aunt's house, a narrow dirty short cut,
from the side of this Malay House... ...

KotaBharu103
Will actually lead till here, straight to my Aunt's 1st house,
and here was used to have many hens and chicks,
where me and my brothers and cousins like to 抓小鸡。
We just couldn't resist to do that everyday, for nothing indeed.

Instead of using the short cut this time,
Or should I say, I am not small enough for the short cut.
So, we used the 'long cut', Haha!

The size of my body has grown up so much, now I could touch the tree.
From before Digital Camera came to my world too... ...


... ...until 2008 where photo colors is so contrasted nowadays,
Still there are nothing's been changed here, nothing at all.
Not even the smell of this lane and everything.

KotaBharu102
The holes one the lane, bumbs, etc.
I could still walk without concentrating the damages on the road,
I could avoid those holes without remembering them, easily.
'Dang', nothing at all had been changed.
Still feel like home.


This is my aunt's 2nd house,
But now it's somebody else house,
I am not sure malay or chinese.
There are lots of memory in this place too,
Childhood story is just too much to tell.


The adventurous "Haunted House",
where me and my cousin did actually been inside.
And now...
It's finally collapsed, no more hauted house.


Saw a school van there?


Living in the same area, there is still somebody who I wouldn't forget.
Somebody who lives there since I was small too.
She is not my relative, but sort of someone close.
My school van driver, Aunty Chin!
I couldn't believe she is still staying there in the same house,
I was just passing by and saw the van.
So I just shouted her name as I was passing by,
since the door is closed.
But there was an answer, and he husband came out first,
thought I was a stranger and reacted not friendly to me.
However, after one word of my name "Hooi" was mentioned to him,
both of them got shocked too that I was there.

KotaBharu106
It was a great trip back to my hometown this time,
It is very memorable,
What so special is... ...
Not much things that is changed.
Still feels like home,
Home sweet home.

KotaBharu038
Thanks to Moi and Kheng so much, too.
For bringing us to PCB and the White House.




-THE END-


8 comments:

DICK CHUA said...

The last piece... omg... definitely an award-winning-pic!

And also, the last paragraph...very touching~ T_T

Xiao Wei said...

hopefully will have another trip to kb again...there r lots places havent go...

Hooi said...

dick.. thanks thanks..
but last piece means which one? got ah kheng and ah moi one ar?

and the last paragraph.. it's how I feel about my hometown.. our hometown...

Hooi said...

going back KB.. sure we will.. but not sure when...
that's the main concern...

Ah Eva Eva said...

it;s really sweet. agree...the last paragraph is so touching...wuwuwu... :( i miss my home....

DICK CHUA said...

last pic mean with ah moi and ah kheng one lah... splitzer?

Hooi said...

evaeva.. dun cry... let's make the JB trip memorable ok?

Hooi said...

yes dick.. that's splitzer.. where is yours?