Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Visit TakBai & Narathiwat

KotaBharu028 From Left: My Grandma, my Grand-Aunt, WeiWei, Me.

During our Kota Bharu visit, my grandma decided to bring us to Takbai (Boarder of Malaysia and Thailand), to visit my grand-aunt who lives there since I was young.


KotaBharu026
Security and Immigration Gate.
We are so excited to visit our relative just across the river.


KotaBharu016
We had our breakfast at Capital Restaurant.
Used to be very classical and oldie original interior, where was exactly opposite of where its current location now.
What's nice? The Beef Soup Noodle, is delicious of course, and slurpy, and satisfactory, and MMmmmMMmmm~~~!

KotaBharu017 KotaBharu019
The Departure from Malaysia and the Arrival in Thailand, within 5minutes.

KotaBharu020 Upon the arrival in TakBai, we first came to my grand-aunt's house.
Her house is joint of 2 houses, so it's super HUGE.
I can say it's 60-70m long and 40m wide... seriously like a motel.
I didn't count how many rooms are there, but definitely more than 10.

KotaBharu021 Her doggy, I forgot its name. PeePee or something, it's thai name.

KotaBharu028 She works all by herself since she was 20years old plus, as a hotel manager.
One of a living hall in her house is also her working office.
Now you guys know why she owns 2 Hotels and a Lagoon Resort.

KotaBharu029 This is a very special living room, everything still remain unchanged.
I used to come to her house once, with my parents when I was 10 years old or something like that. The living room used to be so crowded and noisy, all other relative from Bangkok were here gathering. It could be during Chinese New Year, I just can't remember.
What are still flashing in my mind now is that I was so small until I could squeeze and roll myself on from the front to the back of this sofa, like "Sotong Kapit Bakar".

KotaBharu025 My grand-aunt then offered us to go further up to Narathiwat, she said she is free that day, and there would be an street exhibition too.

But it was Sunday, the town was very quiet.
There were soldiers everywhere for terrorist security force,
feel quite scary because there were bombing cases there recently.

We were early, the exhibition starts at 1pm.
So grand-aunt brought us the a restaurant to have some thai snacks.
Seriously, no English at all... I don't think it's a good idea to go by myself.

By the riverside.


Thai snaks??? But we were so so full after so many snacks, we took them like our lunch.
Eventually, we skipped our lunch.

KotaBharu022
Still early, exhibition still had not started.
It was a beautiful sunny day though.

KotaBharu023
No worries... She knows what to do.
There are more than just place to visit.

KotaBharu026
This is where I have not been before.
It is my grand-grandma and my grand-grandpa's tombstone, in their own coconut farm.
It was my first time visit their tombstone, because I didn't even have a chance to come during very year's Ching Beng. It is really huge too, designed by pure Chinese, crafted with a beautiful poem started with their names. Wow... it's amazing.

KotaBharu027

This is the view of the coconut farm.


After all the visits,
She finally brought us to her TakBai Lagoon.


How beautiful is the view.


There, she treated us her very own secret recipe.
Big, thin, stuffy, and yummy.
I can only name it "My Grand-Aunt's Poppia", Haha~!!!

KotaBharu030
Kids are shy to face my Lomo Camera.


I know I do not tell a good story about why TakBai and my grand-aunt is so special to me, I can't really explain much, they are just special to me.
I was really glad to see my grand-aunt again, and was happy to visit TakBai this time.
I just feel like everything is so memorable.


2 comments:

Kelvin said...

hooi~ i love your fisheye shot!!! so clear!!! and you look so cool with your glasses!~

Hooi said...

haha.. thank you kelvin..
you should start digging ur fisheye out and play again...